Getting to grips with the components of visual identity
- Name the three most important components of visual identity.
- Describe the difference between logotype and signature.
The logo is the trademark of the brand, the signature is personal and a name, written as approaval.
- Using Kuler create a colour scheme (using only three colours in each set) for the following products:
- A rich chocolate cake that is made from real chocolate. The keyword here is “quality”.
- A courier company that delivers internationally by air, land and sea – their main focus is fast delivery.
- An international insurance company that focuses on family values.
- Write your name in four different typefaces, according to the following criteria. Use a typeface that:
- expresses a unique quality about you
- is inspired by your favourite food
- makes your name look sophisticated
- is drawn by hand