- In your own words, describe the procedure of planning a fashion shoot. You don’t need to go into too much detail, a short outline will do.
I need to have a clear idea of what the product is and the mood wanted in order to get the right setting, the right model and the right people to help me.
- What are the stylist’s duties?
The stylist needs to create the right make-up, hairstyle and possibly props for the scene.
- List your duties as photographer
The photographer needs to bring the necessary equipment like cameras, lenses, lights, tripods, batteries, memory cards etc. She also needs to familiarize herself with the project and location and have a clear shoot plan.
- What equipment would you take along on the Alice in Wonderland shoot that was featured in this module?
I would bring two softboxes. Would bring a 50mm, 85mm and a 120 mm. I would also bring what I’ve mentioned above. I would look for additional Alice in Wonderland props to add to the scene.
- Find an editorial fashion spread in a fashion magazine. Explain what you think the concept was, what equipment they used and how the location affected the concept. Scan or photograph the shoot and hand it in along with your answer.
Fashion shoot, Vouge Runway
Here is the link.
I believe the idea is chic summer dresses in an urban setting. The use of a clear blue sky with midday sun shining bright above the models, with the reflection in the mirrors used as a floor, is very striking and unique. It creates this golden shine. It suits the elegant dresses and gives a feeling of warm city summer. The sunflowers add to the golden theme. I believe the photographer has used two softboxes in addition to the sunlight and the sunlight reflection.
A Snow White themed photoshot
I watched this tutorial:
- Create a storyboard
- Create a shot list
- Create a timeline for the shoot day