Here are pages from my sketchbook:
I did some research into footage of students:
I wanted to insert the categories into the footage, but I decided against it. The title sequence should be a maximum of 30 sec, and it would just be too chaotic.
I found the music I wanted and went back to my moodboard for inspiration. The sketches above show some of my thought proccess.
I did a Diamond in Cinema 4D:
I rendered it spinning, removed the greenscreen and used it in a variety of ways in After Effects.
I did plenty of test runs. If I had a client, I would have sent this to them to get feedback.
Here is an example of a test:
I did some adjustments, and this is my final version: