Consider the different steps in the work process and answer the following questions in writing:
- Find similar products, companies and brands. Analyse their strategy. Google is useful for this.
- Find the target group and analyse it. May also do a questionaire.
- Find out what your client is looking for.
- Define the budget.
Clarify the strategy
The brief should have a timeline, a budget, a customers wish list and a clear idea of what the end result should be covering.
Design the identity
- Deeper research into designs suitable for the subject.
- Creating a moodboard, a styleguide and a mockup.
- Presenting a few well thought through ideas of concepts through sketches.
Identify your customer and why this person comes to the brand. Define those answers into touchpoints that helps the desing stay on track with a clear and consise message.
Manage the assets
The logo and brand design must be defined and communicate well. It should have qualities enabeling me to keep the design of the brand contemporary and interesting. Every now and then a new campaign with adds etc should keep the brand fresh in peoples minds.